1. Cornwall has over 300 beaches - many of which wouldn’t look out of place in the Caribbean.
2. 30% of our landscape is recognised as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
3. Cornish fishermen can catch over 40 different types of fish – more than anywhere else in the UK.
4. Cornwall is a great place for inspiring literary greats - including Winston Graham, Daphne du Maurier and Kenneth Grahame.
5. It’s home to the Cornish pasty.
6. Cornwall has the best light in Britain – perfect for painters and sunbathers.
7. Cornwall is home to the wettest, warmest and most beautiful moor in Britain...
8. ...where you can find the Hurlers at Minions (a village - not yellow bespectacled creatures!)
9. There are 65 types of Cornish cheese…
10. Legend has it that piskies and giants once roamed in Cornwall...
11. The Duchy has some beautiful coastal towns and villages - including Falmouth, the world’s third largest natural harbour.
12. There are over 72 gardens in Cornwall that are open to the public - including 12 ‘great’ ones.
13. As a county, it has more ancient sites than anywhere else in Britain.
14. A wonderful range of wildlife includes seals, sharks, dolphins and, of course, the Cornish Chough.
15. Cornwall has some magical sunsets.