Ingredients (makes 12):
600g caster sugar
300g free range egg whites
2tsp rose water
60g pistachio nuts (finely chopped)
100g dried raspberries
Whipped double cream
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / gas mark 6.
- Spread the sugar on a tray lined with greaseproof paper and place in the oven for about 8 minutes or until the sugar is hot (about 100°C).
- While the sugar is in the oven, place the egg whites in a mixing bowl and whisk at a high speed until pale and fluffy.
- Carefully pour the sugar into the egg whites.
- Add the rose water to the mixture and whisk at a high speed for 10 minutes - you should by now have a silky smooth texture that will hold.
- Turn the oven down to 110°C / gas mark 1/4, shape the meringues however you choose, sprinkle with chopped pistachio and dried raspberries.
- Bake for 2 hours.
When the meringues are ready they should be firm to touch.
Serve with freshly whipped double cream and seasonal fruits.