February's recipe of the monthA delicious lobster and seafood risotto provided by the Falmouth Bay Seafood Cafe
75g arborio rice
1tsp brown crab meat
200-350ml fish stock
1 small leek finely diced
1 tsp preserved lemon finely diced
1 handful white crab meat
1tbsp lobster meat
Basil leaves finely shredded
- Sweat the diced leeks and brown crab meat off in a small pan over a medium heat for 1 minute
- Add a splash of white wine and the arborio rice to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring continuously
- Add enough of the stock to cover the rice, and keep adding until the rice has an opaque colour and is cooked aldente
- Put the lobster meat in the oven at a medium heat, with a small amount of butter on top for 5 minutes
- Once the rice is cooked, add the preserved lemon, parmesan, remaining butter and white crab meat to the pan and season to taste.
- To plate up, place the risotto in a bowl, add the lobster meat on top and sprinkle with the basil leaves and a little more parmesan.