January's recipe of the monthA delicious dish of pan-fried hake with a sundried tomato and pesto crust Provided by the Tregenna Castle Hotel
1/4 red pepper
1/4 yellow pepper
1/2 stalk of celery
Crushed Black Pepper
6 new potatoes
Juice of half a lemon
1 thyme stalk
10g sundried tomatoes
1-2 tablespoons of pesto
- Add the hake to a frying pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until almost cooked.
- Chop the peppers, courgette, aubergine and celery into small cubes, place on a baking tray and season with salt and pepper – before drizzling with oil and baking for 10 minutes.
- Steam the new potatoes over a saucepan of boiling water until tender. Crush the potatoes in a ring mould and then add the lemon juice and set along with the thyme and place on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes at 160°c.
- Add the breadcrumbs, sundried tomatoes and pesto into a food-blender and blitz together.
- Once all the components of the dish are prepared, add the crust to the hake, before placing into the oven for a few minutes to finish cooking the fish.
- To plate up; place the hake on top of the potatoes, arrange the vegetables around the plate and finish using pea shoots to garnish.
Recipe provided by the Tregenna Castle Hotel