- This event has passed.
Family Fun at the Telegraph Museum Porthcurno this October Half-Term
24th October 2015 - 1st November 2015
Don’t miss a sparkling week of illuminating activities this October half-term (24th October – 1st November) at the Telegraph Museum Porthcurno. Celebrating the International Year of Light 2015, the half-term week will be bursting with family fun. Take your pick from the below activities or if you have a locals’ pass why not enjoy them all:
- To celebrate our ‘Forgotten Wrecks of the First World War’ Exhibition, make & take your very own dazzle camouflage ship - daily during October half-term.
- On Monday 26th October, make a light up Morse code mask, where you send your very own secret light message via the power of Morse code. 11.00 – 15.00
- On Wednesday 28th October, join Professor Gareth Parry, and Ivor Corkell (from ShelterBox) for a special talk on the little blue LED that can help save the planet. Talks start at 14.00 and 15.00.
- Start creative sparks firing with experimental imaging and painting with light on Thursday 29th October. Join Penwith College Photography students for digital photo-generating. Experiment with light-up special effects and dress yourself in light in a pop up dark studio. Create your own unique glow-in-the-dark portrait to take home. Drop in workshops from 11.00 – 15.00.
- Looking to be spooked this Halloween, visit the Museum on the night of Friday 30th October (if you dare) for a torch light trail. Experience our collections in a brand new light, with sensory sound illuminated curiosities, a close encounter with our resident spook and ghoulish storytelling with John Brolly in the Museum’s underground World War Two tunnels. It will be a night to be remembered. A night not to miss! Starting from 4.30pm with last admission 6pm.
All of the above activities are free with Museum entry or to local pass holders.